What We Are Doing To Keep Everyone Safe
Just a note to let you know how we are keeping everyone safe here at your dental office. We are adhering to the strict guidance of the American Dental Association for providing dental care during the COVID-19 pandemic, as your safety and well-being is our utmost priority. Our goal is to make your visit as safe and thorough as possible with even less time in the office than you may have been used to. We implemented these strategies back in May and have really got them down so you may feel more comfortable in not delaying treatment that may create more oral health issues.
Some new protocols you will notice:
- Before your appointment:
- We will contact you to ask a few quick pre-screening travel and health questions.
- Please limit the number of people you bring to your appointment (this could mean leaving your children with someone during that time) Fewer people = safer environment.
- Children age 9 and above will be asked to be seen alone to limit exposure. Children under 9 and special needs patients will be cared for with the option to be seen alone or with a guardian in the room.
- When you arrive:
- Please call us at 972-495-4300 and remain in your car for your pre-screening.
- We will call you back as soon as it is time for you to come to the door for a temperature check and quick check-in and moment to settle the billing prior to you being taken back immediately for your appointment, no waiting in the lobby necessary!
- During your appointment
- For your safety and ours, please wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth.
- The dental team will wear additional personal protective equipment (PPE), including face masks, plastic face shields, goggles and surgical gowns or long-sleeved lab coats.
- After your appointment
- To prepare for the next patient, staff will thoroughly clean treatment areas using cleansers specifically designed to deactivate the COVID-19 virus.
- We will even open the doors for you when you leave. How’s that for service!
While it can be tempting to put off or delay your regular checkup until things feel more “normal” again, I advise against you delaying your regular visits. Routine appointments allow me an opportunity to check for a number of health conditions and catch them early.
As always, please contact us anytime with questions or concerns you may have about your visit, our new safety measures or how we can make you feel comfortable when you allow us to take care of you.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Dr. Janet Mason & Staff